Tuesday, October 16, 2012

a long absence

my last post is dated february 14th, 2012, and it is now nearly november.  in the grand scheme of time nine months may seem insignificant, but for me they have been filled with change.

the last time i posted, i was married.
now i am not.
the last time i posted, i was in my twenties.
now i am not.
the last time i posted, i was living in boston.
now i am not.  


life is unpredictable.  sometimes funny, often cruel, and occasionally wonderful.
but here i am, moving forward (i think), and starting over.  

i will make efforts and share some of the many (good) experiences of the past nine months.  you may have noticed that i started with a new banner.

before i sign off, in all the chaos there has been quite a lot of moving involved.  as you may recall, i have quite a stash of craft supplies that i collect in the same manner that a child collects stickers (and yes, i still have a small medium-sized sticker collection left over from my childhood. don't be a hater).  as i was preparing to leave boston, i was faced with the question 'keep and move, throw out, sell, or give away/donate?' over and over again, a question i fumbled with greatly over my piles of fabric.

one of my solutions was to 'use up' some of my fabric by turning them into easy projects that would 'help' with the move and also become items i could give away as simple thank you gifts to my friends that helped me through the rough patches.  one of these projects was sewing a bunch of shoe bags.  


very useful when traveling and moving, so i thought i'd just throw it out there.  while i don't have pictures of the process to create a tutorial, it's really just a draw string bag, and bertz white has a clear tutorial to follow if you aren't familiar with the process.  

so, how have you been?



2 comments:

  1. Change suits you, you are adapting well! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I am way behind. Glad to see you're posting again. I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...